The Epic Mahabharata - Adi Parva - Written Episode 2

  


                          MAHABHARATA


                                ADI PARVA


                                     Written Episode 2

As Brahmaji said he was borne as Shantanu to king Pratipa of Hastinapur of Kuru clan. When Shantanu grew up, he became the king of Hastinapur. One day, he went to forest to hunt animals. Then he saw a maiden. She was busy collecting flowers. She was none other than River Ganga. He gazed at her beauty. 

“Who are you young lady?’’ he asked. 

She said “I am Ganga. Who are you? What do you want from me?’’ 

He said “I am Shantanu, the king of Hastinapur. I want to marry you.’’

 Then Ganga said “I will marry you but only in one condition.

 When I am about to do something strange don’t stop me to do so.’’ 

Shantanu agreed for the condition. Soon they were married and Ganga 

became the queen of Hastinapur.

 



 


Comments