The Epic Mahabharata - Adi Parva - Written Episode 4

  


                           MAHABHARATA


                                ADI PARVA


                                     Written Episode 4

One day, Shantanu went forest to hunt. There, he smelled a heavenly fragrance. He followed that fragrance. To his surprise, the fragrance was coming from a lady.

“I am king Shantanu, king of Hastinapur, son of  Pratipa. Who are you young lady? ’’ he said.  “I am Satyavati, daughter of a very nice fisherman.’’ “Satyavati, I am attracted by your smell, fragrance. You are very beautiful and humble. Your appearance has spelled a cast on me. I, king of Hastinapur, want to marry you and live my life with you.,”  said Shantanu. “Ask my father that we can marry or not.”, said Satyavati.

Shantanu approached Satyavati's father. “I am Shantanu, king of Hastinapur. Can you give your daughter’s hand in marriage with me?’’ Satyavati’s father hesitated to speak for some seconds. “How? If my daughter marries you, then in her future a problem will occur. In future, she will have sons. You already have a son. Satyavati’s sons and your son will have a quarrel for the who will ascend the throne. Your son Prince Devavrata can become the king at that time as he is the heir. Satyavati’s sons, cannot ascend the throne.  I cannot give my daughter, oh King.”

 Shantanu was shocked.

 

     The sad and dejected Shantanu went away to his palace. 

 

 

 

 

 


Comments